Combining turmeric, ghee and milk has been a tradition in India for centuries. I like this version that I’ve put together for the calcium boost along with the extraordinary turmeric benefits.
Enjoyed in the evening, it is a wonderfully relaxing beverage that helps one obtain a great night’s sleep.
- 1 tablespoon organic ghee (can substitute butter or almond oil)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- Pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg and/or cardamom (optional)
- ½ teaspoon honey or maple syrup, or to taste (optional)
- 1 cup milk or calcium rich nut milk (I really like the Oat Silk brand with 50% more calcium than dairy milk)
Melt the ghee in a small saucepan, adding in spices. Stir for about 30 seconds. Add the milk and stir until steaming hot. Remove from the heat and use a milk frother to further blend, or put in a blender. Pour into your cup and add honey or maple syrup. Enjoy immediately along with deep breaths, letting the stresses of the day slide away.